Get excited 2020 is about to end, however, nothing will change at the stroke of midnight unless you choose to. A year ago, none of us (except for the Scientist) ever suspected that COVID19 would change our lives exponentially. The VIRUS grew and threatened us (still is) and like young children, we waited for the adults in charge to provide us with the right direction to take. Instead, our Government let us down. Now we are suffering, however, we have some choices!
- Wear a face mask properly covering your nose and mouth keeping your germs with you and not being spread to those around you.
- Wash your hands or sanitize them regularly the virus is in the air and landing on surfaces we are touching, and we need to be vigilant and wash it away.
- Social distancing is imperative and as exciting it may be to travel and visit beautiful warm beaches/or see family, we are encouraging this disease to spread. STAY THE HELL HOME.
- Reach out to the health officials and take the vitamins and supplements that may fend off the virus or at least keep you healthier and more able to fight the disease. Vitamin C, D3, Magnesium, are just a few. Also eating a more balanced diet and eliminating or reducing alcohol consumption.
- Prepare for a new way of living life going forward. Masks may be needed for the future, and if they eliminate contagious germs won’t that make you smile?
I am not clairvoyant; therefore I cannot say definitively that COVID19 was what our World needed to get back on track, but I can tell you we have witnessed positive changes and we must continue to create POSITIVITY.
- It is OK to disagree but do so with facts that support your thinking and speech.
- Lower the anger volume and use tones that encourage others to listen to hear, not listen to rebuttal.
- Take stock of your reflection in the mirror. Have you given yourself the opportunity to do something for yourself, self-care is paramount and not just during a crisis!
- It is never too late to make a change, even in a CREDIT CARD WORLD, we are not plastic!
- It will take more than watching the Ball Drop-in Times Square to create change, and eating 12 grapes at the stroke of midnight (Spain) may only favor your salivary senses.
- In Columbia, they carry empty suitcases around the block wishing for a year of travel.
- In Denmark, they throw plates and glasses to rid the demons of the previous year. (that could be expensive.)
- The Finnish “predict the coming year by casting molten tin into a container of water, then interpreting the shape the metal takes after hardening. A heart or ring means a wedding, while a ship predicts travel and a pig declares there will be plenty of food.”
- Panama burns replicas of “bad” influential people in effigy, warding off the bad spirits!
- The Scots build bonfires and swing giant fireballs to symbolize the sun to purify the new year.
- In the Philippines, people wear Polka-Dots for good luck. (I may try that!)
- In Brazil wearing red underwear to usher in the new year is a suggestion of good luck. (I may have to go shopping at “Fredericks of Hollywood”.)
- And in Greece hanging an onion on your front door is a symbol of rebirth for the new year.
Whether you follow one of these traditions or have one of your own remember, stay safe, let us all make it into 2021 making good choices as we become kinder to ourselves and each other.